Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Random 5 day weekend

We were suppose to go to Seattle, but things didn't end up working out. We were suppose to find another place to roadtrip to, but it was a rainy everywhere nearby weekend. We were suppose to bike and hike, but the forecast put us off (even though it was a nice day in the end). So many suppose tos, and mainly we just got lazy. We've been up and out most weekends, so it was about time do a bit of not much. A weekend of movies, a comedy show (Myq Kaplan and his arrangement of odd comedians....very funny, the tiniest venue - more like a small bar crammed with chairs), electronic craft (remember that lamp i was making out of a camera? yeah, i had forgotten about it too, im so close, but i blew out the switch i stole from Chuy so I got to get another one), wood crafts (giant desk), sushi go, cooking as a family (leek pie and smores rice crispies bar), and going to the movie theater (Thor - surprisingly entertaining because im not big on superheroes, and Subirbicon - surprisingly good, just because the reviews had said it sucked).

I am always trying to find ways to fill our days with places to go or things to do, because I know our tendency is to stay home and laze about. But sometimes that's what you really need. And we could have used that 5 day weekend better, but I enjoyed it, and Sophie and Chuy did too. Isn't that what matters? This FOMO thing can be draining. Gotta take things as they come, but still plan things so you do something besides laze about. A balance that I will forever try to find, and probably never will. I think the main reason of this FOMO thing is work, it eats up a hefty portion of my week and my energy. And then when we have free time (on the weekend) we want to cram all the things we want to do, then we get burnt out or we never get to rest.

Early retirement is where it's at, imagine the freedom...

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I get this! I always want to go out and do things too, but then when do I rest?? It's a tough balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awesome long weekend. Still, not long enough. Hard to find that balance, for sure.

    ReplyDelete