Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

strawberry pancakes

we hadn't made strawberry-almond pancakes in a while...soooo goood!

it was totally worth it to make myself wait to eat until like 1pm because I woke up super late, then I had to make the pancakes...and that takes a while because I like to make enough for leftovers....this is because I actually like leftover pancakes better than barely made, warm pancakes....I like them leftover (the flavors get a chance to combine better), cold and plain (no syrup needed).... it tastes like some delicious slightly sweet bread, perfect breakfast with some fruit.....

i use to not like pancakes...it turns out i dont like overly sweet, soggy, warm bread, which is what original pancakes are...and now i have a slight obsession with my version of pancakes....i actually miss them if we dont make them on a weekend...unless we make waffles instead, those are delicious too!

alright, enough about breakfast...night!

10 comments:

  1. Damn you woman, now I want some pancakes D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberries...I had missed them. The pancakes were awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds amazingly delicious(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pancakes!!!!!!! You are crazy.. they taste better with syrup and crispy. mmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. crispy? how do you make pancakes crispy? they are not waffles!

      Delete
    2. crispy edges!! They are the best!!

      Delete
    3. i still dont know what that is, i feel like im missing out now :(

      Delete
    4. Mari! You're crazy! Unless you've invented a new waffle/pancake hybrid. Pancakes are supposed to be soft and fluffy, and are usually drenched in butter and syrup. I don't recall ever sitting down for crunchy cakes at IHOP, Denny's, or Village in back in the non-vegan Chuy days...

      Delete
    5. Lmao, gabe makes them!! I'll tell him to make some when you guys come or when we go.

      Delete
  5. You like leftover pancakes better than just made? Hmm, that's weird...well, truth be told, I don't like one way better than the other

    ReplyDelete