Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

puffed wheat

and bread with mayo

those are the latest snacks I'm always craving that are clearly linked to my childhood...maybe I'm a bit homesick? puffed wheat sound gross (chuy calls them chachitos) but they are like crack...and they always take me back to when i lived in juarez...bread (not toast)with mayo used to be my after school snack when i got home from school in juarez...i have vivid memories of the smell, texture, taste, feel  and my surroundings...like a picture with my five senses carved into my memory of something that most people would think is gross haha i hadn't eaten either of these snacks in more than twenty years...its so weird to have such strong memories of such menial stuff

2 comments:

  1. I looooooove bread with mayo too! haha Although it wasn't my childhood snack for more. It is more of a "chef benefit" from when I started making sandwiches for myself, Paco and Baudy when I was younger. And that's what that cereal is, chachitos! That definitely IS from my childhood. My grandma always had some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE BREAD WITH MAYO... I could eat hundreds! HUNDREDS!

    ReplyDelete