Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

project 1.5

I know, I know...I keep talking about the same thing....but I need some input!

Ok, so today I finally got the eyebrow detection working to some higher degree.  I basically reworked the eye gaze detection too because I totally screwed it up when adding the eyebrow stuff.  It's ok, because it works better now.  For the eyebrows I basically filter each frame with a grayscale then high contrast and finally black and white.  This way I detect when the now black eyebrow moving on the white background easier.


OK, I know, not ground breaking stuff, but it did take me quite a bit to detect that thing right.  My question for you guys is, does the following control make sense?  Right gaze turns right.  Left gaze turns left.  Return to center from either gaze moves forward.  Eyebrow up when forward, stops.  Eyebrow up when stopped moves forward.  Two consecutive eyebrow ups from either stop/forward goes back.  From backing up you can turn with the gaze or stop with one eyebrow up, and go forward again with two consecutive eyebrow ups. 

Is this making you go WTF?  Cause yeah, I can't think of a better way to do this.  The left/right thing is easy, but the eyebrow up has to be multi-functioning and I think this way, it's versatile.  But is it too hard?  Should I just do, one eyebrow up forward, two consecutive eyebrow ups stop, three consecutive eyebrow ups backs down.  I don't know.  Ugh.

4 comments:

  1. I think that the first way makes more sense...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it makes sense, its just sounds kind of complicated. I cant really move my eye brows much :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is making me say wtf! lol
    but that's probably cause I'm half asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it makes sense!!! I think it's good like that, left/right with gazes, stop and go with eyebrow up, and change directions from forward to backward (and vise versa) with two eyebrows up. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete