Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

project 1.3

Still working on the vision thing.  To detect the iris, I decided by isolating the eye area and then putting that crop image through various filters to try to get a pattern.  After A LOT of trial and error.  It seemed to me that adding the intensities of the each column of pixels and finding the column with the maximum intensity would give me the approximate gaze of the eye.  I am only interested if the eyes are looking to the left, right or center.  Thus, that is what I did.

Notice the command window prints which side the eyes have turned.

To do that, I made a pixel range for each side, in which the highest intensity denotes the side.

It works.  At least it did, with the limited testing I did.
But I am not happy with it.  I read millions of forums and so forth, I already tried detecting circles and contours.  I failed miserably with those.  Can any of you think of a better way to detect the eye gaze?

4 comments:

  1. Um...not really, haha, sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to project 1.2? And that is intense!! I wish I could help! But I am useless in this realm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can cheer you if that serves anything, thats the best thing I can do, other than that I am helpless

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude! yeah, that's crazy! We're no help :(

    ReplyDelete