Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

project 1.0

This is what I did for half the day:

I know I look weird...
I checked which signals the headband was detecting.  Upon confirming that there's no way the EMG band was going to detect signals from the neck, I had to change my plans and start thinking about doing a vision program using iris movement  and eyebrow movement.  Unfortunately, even though I looked everywhere, there's not much help out there, so it's a slow process.


You can see the progression I made, not much, but something's something.

Am I awesome or what?!
Then I decided to stop fooling around with the detecting of eyes and actually get to the iris.  From the many online forum boards that I read, people seem to hint that the best way to do that is from a binary image.  So I grayed out the image and transformed it to binary.  And then I realized that I had to go home!

And now you guys know what I do in the lab haha.

5 comments:

  1. No, I don't haha more detail!!! What is that progression supposed to be? I see big green boxes, little green boxes, then green and red boxes? what does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, the first picture detects the eye area, but i refined it to just the eyes, then i detected the eyebrows too, kind of...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome!!! Very interesting stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project looks so cool, and yes you are awesome :P

    ReplyDelete