Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

whining

Today, I had a final that was pretty difficult.  In fact, I had make some assumptions to be able to answer some of the questions.  It referred to terms we hadn't studied.  It referred to methods that were not covered.  I tried my best to answer them in the context of the material covered in the semester. 

Tonight, I checked my school email and there's a letter going around to be signed.  It's for the professor of that final.  They basically wrote that some questions were unanswerable.  Now, I don't know about that.  Maybe they required a bit of reading between the lines and pulling all the material learnt together.  And it wasn't easy.  But answerable?  I mean, I agree that the professor did pull some questions out of left field.  But I don't know. Maybe I feel bad for the professor because almost noone showed up to the lectures.  Or because everyone refused to answer any of his questions that he would bring up in the lectures.  

So should I sign the letter?

4 comments:

  1. No, don't sign it!!! I'm with you, if they don't go to the lectures or show interest it's not the teachers fault, but their own (I also do that, but I never blame anybody else but me)...that's my point of view anyhow

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like you don't think it was "unanswerable", so don't. Tough tests are part of college. Especially at the graduate level. Really, it's part of real life :) Sometimes you have to do something you haven't been trained to. Not saying it's ideal, but you just have to do your best. It was the same exam for everyone, so it isn't like it is unfair...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sergio and Chuy, don't sign it if you think it could be answered. It is the responsibility of the students to know what was seen in that class and it really shows the interest of the student.

    If you skip classes but know what was seen in them and understand it I don't see it as a bad thing, but if you skip them and don't bother to even ask what was seen in class you have no right to whine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, don't sign it! It's their own fault! Although the students will probably hate you, lol.

    ReplyDelete