Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

pervasive computer and ambient intelligence

Photobucket
(click me)

This is actually a gif embedded in the lecture notes.  Hahah.  It pretty much describes my feeling about studying for this exam...

That's the class I am currently studying for.  I have to read a bunch of research papers for it.  And the lecture notes are plagued with unnecessarily obscure words, here's some of them:

particularisation
perturbations 
modularised
embodied
idiosyncratic
subsumes
deterministic
emergent
concurrent
diagrammatic 
intractability

What is that?  Nobody talks like that!  And those are just the terms that I can remember, there were others!

4 comments:

  1. lol yeah, that is odd vocabulary. But if not a professor, who?! Cool GIF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahha, god.. reading research papers is intense! Especially the ones written by your teachers... cause you're like.. wtf he doesn't talk like that in lectures lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, what the hell? Hahaha. Yup, that is a cool GIF, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It remind me of this book that I read some time ago, "El Hombre Mediocre" from Jose Ingenieros, he uses too many weird words, sometimes I had to search for the words because they aren't used anymore like "ignominia". It made the book 10 times more difficult and heavy to read just because of the vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete