Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

cooking

Chopping walnuts for a pesto.

I never expected to enjoy cooking, I didn't even know how to cook anything until I moved out.  Even then, I mostly ate out of boxes.  I just didn't care.  I was vegan back then too, but I am not vegan for health reasons, I only care about the ethics side of veganism.  When Sophie started eating solid foods, I became a bit more interested in health.  After all, messing my health is no big deal, but someone else's...well, that's not cool!  My obsession with new recipes began there.. because, let's face it, if you cook the same thing all the time, of course cooking is going to be boring...  Chuy did most of the cooking back then, but I began helping a bit more to the point that cooking by myself wasn't scary anymore.  Cooking is not my favorite activity or anything, but I can certainly enjoy it now, and well that's good since cooking is necessary.  The way we make sure to not end up hating cooking, is by cooking in big batches, so we only cook four times a week.  Today, I made some pesto pasta with sauteed mushrooms and olives.  Yum.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoy cooking. Even if it is not new recipes...I just hate having to cook once I am already hungry haha so proper planning is key to its enjoyment imo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not my strong, though I have only tried it a handful of times (to abysmal results might I add). But it's pretty cool you enjoy it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture!!! :D but yeah, i hate cooking.. but i guess cause If i did cook... i would always start when i'm hungry lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, i love cooking, and i have been doing it since i was very young. Some time after i got into college i started doing it more seriously and have been enjoying it ever since. The only thing i don't like about cooking is strictly following recipes, so what i do is look for some recipes of the same dish (or something similar) and make my own versions. So far so good :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are awesome! move to WA with me. AFter all... you dont want to mess someone else's cooking =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @chuy you just have to plan right!
    @sergio try harder!
    @mari thanks :)
    @luis i only follow recipes strictly if they are for baking
    @paco haha :)

    ReplyDelete