Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Long weekends

We usually have some pto (paid time off) days left when the end of the year starts approaching. Around September, Chuy and I coordinate our calendars and ask for the same days off for the rest of the year. We usually do it in a way that we get to go somewhere once and we get a bunch of long weekends the rest of the year. This year, we're going to Seattle for a bit and we no longer have 5 day working weeks for the rest of the year!

Today, we rode to have some donuts and coffee for breakfast, hit up a movie (Professor Marston and the Wonder Women) at the time when retirees go to movies, went for some lunch at a place we never get to go, and played tennis with Sophie right after she got after school. And we got paid while doing all that. We got home at the time I would be getting off work. I like the sense of freedom I feel on these days!

PS We went to a random show (the show was recommended by an app that alerts us on shows around here and we listened to a few tracks and decided to go, which is as random as we get with shows) by mewithoutyou on Tuesday and it was fucking wild, I've never seen a show in which at least half of the floor is moshing... which leads me to believe that the music I usually listen to is chill, even the metal bands or only old people like it.... 

Really enjoyed mewithoutyou tonight! Crazy crowd, crazy band! 😊

A post shared by Angélica Chacón (@angelicachac) on


PPS Fall is in full swing right now, and it's absolutely gorgeous. October is my favorite month. It's not cold yet, just chilly. It doesn't rain much yet. It's not hot. And the trees put on a spectacle.

Riding in the fall is the best even if those beautiful leaves are super dangerously slippery 😁😍

A post shared by Angélica Chacón (@angelicachac) on



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I love this time of the year. Loved our outing, and fall, and all the things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I remember you guys always had thousands of days off around this time of year lol. When are you guys going to seattle? I should be going with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Also, moshing in portland?! WOW not even in the Opeth show.

    ReplyDelete