Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

silent

...useless compassion...is what I have sometimes.

For example, today I saw a guy that was limping in front of me.  And then I noticed a bloody back ankle, where his shoe was obviously rubbing it.  He had a backpack on, so I assumed he might have been walking for a long time.  When I saw this person, we were about a block from my apartment.  And the whole time I was debating whether I should offer some kind of adhesive bandage (or plaster or bandaid or curita...) so he could walk more comfortably.  And he kept walking in front of me in the same direction I was going.  We went past a gas (or petrol) station, and I tried to rationalize that if he wanted a bandage he would have bought one there.  But then I thought maybe he was short on money, maybe he was living off his backpack or something.  I kept thinking about this as I turned to my street without saying a word and he kept going straight.  See?  All this worrying I do...worthless...because I do nothing about it.  And it plagues me.  Like hours after that, and I am still thinking about it.  Sometimes I want to slap myself into action.

6 comments:

  1. Wow...I thought I was the only one...that happens to me some times too :S, let's slap each other :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, you are my social interaction/thoughts twin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting...hmmm. I haven't been in a similar situation in a long time. But um, was it bleeding a lot? or what? cuz um, the doctor is free here, he could go to the clinic and get it bandaged for free too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how that feels, if I see someone who could use some help I want to do it, I even try to think how can I help that person, and then I will approach him/her and... just past him/her, continue walking and do nothing but feel regret because I didn't say or do anything of what I planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, that happens to me too. It sucks and then I kinda feel bad about it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it happens, but i've kinda realized if i want something to happen it's not just gonna happen, i have to do it. So i try to do it, unless you know, it's like something embarrassing :p

    ReplyDelete