Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

oh yeah...

I am living in England.

It's so easy to forget.  Often, it catches me by surprise to hear someone speak with a British accent.  And I have to keep reminding myself that I am living here.  Isn't that weird?  When I lived in Milwaukee, I would always feel like I was stuck in a movie.  You look out the window to the mountains of snow and think 'wait, where am I?'  The only places that don't make me question where I am are El Paso or Juarez.  I wonder how long do I have to live out of there for that feeling to go away?  Or how long do I have to live in a place until it really sinks in?

6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Because I feel the same way. The morning walks to take sophie are like a reminder that I am in England...i love it. It is strange. Same would happen in Milwaukee, especially when I would work downtown, or biked by the lake. As if I could not absorb it all. I lived around so much nothing for so long lol that now I can't absorb my surroundings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I felt something like that when I was living with Sergio, the first months I always felt that I wasn't sleeping in my house, like if I was staying with a relative or something :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if all that in Milwaukee didn't do the trick, I'd say a pretty looooong time. I guess you'll feel like home when you actually feel like you're living in the place you're going to live for the rest of your life. Otherwise, it only feels like a temporary far from home place...that's what I think at least

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chuy excuuuuse me. We have beautiful mountains over here in EP! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mari - haha yeah, and you know how many times I set foot in those mountains? Zero...(the picnic area doesn't count, that's like a parking lot)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chuy when you guys come, we should go to the Franklin Mountain park!! And maybe hike if it's not too cold :)

    ReplyDelete