Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

what?

Have you ever thought you speak a language well and found out you are totally wrong?  Oh yes, some people might think I speak English.  Well if you do, you are wrong.  Some person on the street stopped me to say something.  First off, people from England don't acknowledge your existence while walking, so I was shocked that someone was actually looking at me.  And not only that, speaking to me.  The problem arose when I could tell he was speaking English.  Yet, I could not understand more than a word he was saying.  I am all for accents, but there comes a time when you are speaking another language.  And this guy clearly was.  I had no idea what he was saying, his English-English accent was extremely heavy.  I heard something about a bag something something.  I said 'excuse me?' and he repeated himself.  I said 'sorry, I have to go' and walked so fast out of there, I was almost running.  It didn't help I was carrying the camera and I felt extremely paranoid.  So if you ever travel through England and think you'll understand what they are saying.  You might be right in most places, like cities.  But don't be surprised if your English doesn't get you far.

10 comments:

  1. Lol, you just left? Hahaha, what if he was in need of help? Hahahaha, pretty funny :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is like movie material! LMAO!! i hate laughing at this situation but its kind of funny! =) in a good way!! =D ! ur awesome geli hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO geli! how rude! what if the guy was dying and needed help?! I'm jk, I would've done the same thing! Especially if I was carrying something so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Wow...walked away?! That guy is writing in HIS blog about this. We should look for it and see how HE viewed this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In 2005 before we went to the Gigantour Sergio and I had to get our permissions in the international bridge (can't remember how are they called), and this black dude was attending us, I literally couldn't understand him anything he said and Sergio had trouble understanding him too, if we did anything was because Sergio guessed what he wanted to say with his hand signals. It was a little frustrating :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, i walked away, what was i suppose to do? hahah and wouldn't it be great to have an automatic subtitle device? hahha

    ReplyDelete
  7. it would...still odd to walk away though haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. And that's why Europeans hate Americans, hahaha, jk. You should've said "Je ne parle pas anglais" and THEN walk away

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahha what if he knew french?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. if he knew french that would have been hilarous! xD
    -Baudy

    ReplyDelete