Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

sewing


My parents sent Sophie a dress that fits about 4 Sophies in width.  This brought the dilemma of what to do with it, Sophie wanted to wear it since she saw it, but it was too big.  So I kept telling her that I would make it smaller, somehow.  So today, while Sophie "swam," I decided to honor my promise (anything to avoid studying...).  I pulled out the needle/thread box that my mom put together for us, and had my go at it.  The whole time I kept reminiscing about my childhood and when I used to hangout with my abue Maria and knit/sew with her.  The more I kept going, the more I remembered and the better I kept sewing the dress.  I enjoyed playing with needles and thread when I was a kid, but what I really enjoyed was spending time with my abue.

Good memories.

5 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, even though I didn't spend time with my abuelita like that, I still always remember her (and my mom) whenever I see or hear about someone knitting or sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I never got to knit with her. :( But yeah, I remember she would always knit our clothes lol. :) How'd the dress come out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the dress fits her well now :) And that's cool that you learned that with your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angie, now i feel nostalgic for remembering my abue :( But they're great memories :)

    ReplyDelete