Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

what up

and it starts again... Sergio says that this is our third start...but it's probably like our fifth try.....

not much has changed since last time I posted, portland is still awesome, I still love it! still no job :/ we are looking for a house and that's pretty stressing...so many things to consider, like what do we prefer:

a) a condo/townhouse
   CONS:
   neighbors are right there
   no yard
   we have to be quiet or whatever (no loud movies whenever we want, sophie cant run like crazy...)
   extra monthly fee that will ALWAYS have to be paid (even when the condo is paid off...)
   limited storage for bikes (sometimes none)
   taxes are higher
   PROS:
   less maintenance and responsibilities
   location!!!!
   "cheaper"

b) a nice little house
   CONS:
   expensive
   location is usually not ideal for our price range
   lots of maintenance and responsibilities
   PROS:
   we can do whatever we want at any time, pretty much
   usually has storage for bikes
   the idea of a yard seems appealing


imagine that you live with no car, and just bike and walk everywhere... what would you choose?

4 comments:

  1. Well, it's like the 3rd "big" one, not counting times when we only do like 2 posts.
    I personally would prefer a condo, although the neighbors being right there is not very appealing to me...it's a touch choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want a house! We want a house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty tough choice, I don't think I could live in a place where I need to be quiet. If I can watch movies, play video games and music without caring too much of the volume, I am fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I wish we could just fast forward so I can know what we will end up getting...It is way more complicated than it should be. I guess when anything involves $300,000 changing hands, it can't be simple.

    ReplyDelete