Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

is this it?!


Ok, so maybe I forgot to take a picture today too, but I took this picture at Hyde Park in London, which is huge and very nice.  Which relates to this, I promise (read between the lines...).

This weekend has been a weekend of no sleep. I have basically have been fueled by sugar and caffeine. So today at midnight, I was dead and wanted to go to sleep instantly. But Chuy forgot to eat because he was so obsessed with adjusting the photos we took in London and was starving. He decided to eat a cereal and I didn't want to be mean so I stayed up with him. While he ate his cereal, we watched a youtube video. This video was from the Australian Q&A show, which I found out is awesome! It was so awesome that I stayed up to see the whole hour and then was eager to see another episode. Basically, the show is a panel of six or so guests that answer/debate questions from the audience. The first episode that we watched had Dawkins in it. The second episode had Hitchens. There were both really good, and even though I ended up going to sleep like at 3:30am and therefore now lack sleep again, it was totally worth it! I look forward to watching more episodes of that show. I recommend it.

But anyway, about the picture and title thing... Yeah. Basically in the first episode, they asked the panel if they hope for an afterlife, and a politician said 'well of course, I mean, is this it?!.' I was appalled. I think if that's what you think of your life, you are doing it wrong! Life is beautiful and priceless. The world is full of wonder and awesomeness.  All you have to do is take a walk and really look around to appreciate it.  Do what you enjoy and have no reservations about it. Unless what you enjoy hurts other people, then seek psychiatric help...

9 comments:

  1. I saw the Dawkins one, very interesting! I'm definitely going to try and watch the rest sometime before the month ends.

    But yeah, I agree with you. Life is extremely precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is baffling to me to hear people say that. That, to me is one of the huge points against religion. It puts a disproportionate idea of life expectancy in their mind(75yrs vs Eternity, not a trivial mistake). And the tragedy is that expectation of more and better to come keeps most of them from truly seeing the greatness before them...

    And Q&A is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, 4 links to the Dawkins one :P. But... is this it? Hahaha jk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah haha 4 of the links are to the same thing. On purpose Geli?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's subliminal messages...hahaha (so yes, on purpose)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats the HTML to link things again? i forgot haha

    And im at work so ill do my blog tonight and ill check out the youtube links as well. Sounds VERY interesting though. And yeah sucks to have people think of life as a "is this is" perspective. such a waste of life. =/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Paco - what do you mean? The links in her blog, just click them. Or how to embed youtube videos? She made links, which I can show you later. But what I was saying was embed the videos. Just IM me lol easier

    ReplyDelete
  8. All right!, something to eat at my job with :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @paco the html thing is a href="address" with the brackets, but if you are in compose mode rather than html mode, you can just highlight the text that you want to link to something then click the link icon and just put the address when it prompts you and you are done

    @diego you will enjoy it, i think...

    ReplyDelete